Domain Name (at first, the computer has been connected to host that link to Internet Network and identified by IP Address and not repetitive with any other computers. But IP Address is combined with a lot of numbers and it's hard to remember. So "Domain Name System" has been formed to instead of IP Address. Domain names are used in various networking contexts and application-specific naming and addressing purposes
Domain Name is very important for running your business on the Internet. It's the first step to let people can get any informations you want to present them by online. It's like Trademark of your business. Nowadays the .COM is most popular to register because it's world wide and easy to remember
Standard rules for Domain Name Registration
- a-z, 0-9 and "-" (hyphen) is available for Domain Name.
- Cannot use "_" (underscore) for Domain Name.
- There must be at least 3 characters but not more than 63 characters in one Domain Name.
- You cannot change the name of domain name after it has been registered.
- You cannot move domain name to new Registrar within 60 days counting from the first day that domain name has been registered.
- Expired domain cannot be moved to new Registrar, you need to renew domain name at least 1 year before transferring.
Things you should know about Domain Name before register
- Domain name you want to register maybe taken, you should think of many names in your mind
- Domain name should show the meaning of your website.
- Ambiguous domain name is not recommended.
- Domain name should not be too long because it's hard to remember
- Make sure that your provider can give you Domain Management details because you can modify Domain Name's whois information or Name Server by yourself all the time
Things you should concern about Domain Name after registered
- Make sure that you properly receive your Domain Management details from your provider.
- Email Address in the part of Registrant Contact and Administrative Contact is very important, Registrar will identify whether you are owner of domain name or not from Registrant Contact Email or Administrative Contact Email.
- Make sure that whois information of domain name is completely your details. WHOIS check.
- To prevent your domain name be stolen, make sure that status of your domain name is 'LOCKED' or 'clientTransferProhibited'
- We recommend you to use complex password or hard to guess for your Domain Management login to prevent someone can access it.
Nature and type of the domain name.
By Technical and ensigns
Domain name is used primarily in reference to the host in marginal areas, so there is a digest domain name into multiple levels. May be compared with the division of the area into a provincial town or village, etc., etc. The top-level domain names are called Top-Level Domain Name or TLD, which is in the last position on the right of the name. Com .net. org .th .uk, etc.
Level that is inferior to the TLD SLD (Second-Level Domain Name) It is located next to the TLD left hand as yourconnect.com the SLD and yourconnect considered. Com is the TLD.
The minor Or divided from SLD SLD again, it will be next to the left is called the Third-Level Domain Name domain.yourconnect.com of Third-Level Domain Name domain is the domain name of the sub-division. subdomains are down Typically, the most up to 4 level.
By the use and geographic boundaries.
Classified according to usage. Appear in the classified domain name Odds called. International domain names or gTLD (generic Top-level Domain Name) and organized by geographic boundaries. Appear in the classified domain name Odds called. Time domain name, nationality or ccTLD (country code top-level Domain Name).
Type the domain name gTLD (generic Top-level Domain Name) is open to individuals or agencies around the world write freely like. Com (Commercial) .net (Networking) .org (Organaization) View All. Type gTLD domain
Type the domain name ccTLD (country code Top-level Domain Name) is determined by the country code domains such. Th (Thailand) .us (United States) .jp (Japan) and a control group of domain names of the ccTLD. each Is based on enterprise data administrator domain name of citizenship that was established by such organizations may serve as the administrative domain (Registry) with the domain name registration services (Registrar) at the same time. Type the domain name ccTLD largely limited to the right to write only to companies, individuals or agencies or enterprises domiciled in that country only.
Transfer Domain Name
"A domain transfer" is to transfer domain name from the management under one registrar to another registrar. Besides your domain name will be automatically renewed 1 year after transfer process is complete, in under condition that your domain name must registered or renewed at least 60 days.
Domain name transfer should be proceeded at least 30 days before domain name expiration date, because there will be domain name transfer approval in the process. You have to approve domain name transfer out from the current registrar and then from the another registrar you want to move your domain to. It may take 5-7 days or more for this process.
Remark : As a registrar is only responsible for the management of your domain records, this transfer should in no way affect your website, relevant email or DNS.
There are 2 types of Domain name transfer.
1. Transfer domain name to the same registrar or Reseller transfer or Ownership transfer this process spend the time less than domain name transfer to different registrar. But you have to inform your provider to proceed it for you. You may asked for further information about your domain name.
Check infomation of Domain Name
- Transfer Domain Name (OnlineNic)
- Transfer Domain Name (Cnobin)
- Transfer Domain Name (Enom)
2. Transfer domain name to different registrar (Registrar Transfer) this process spend more time than domain name transfer to the same registrar. To prevent that you may not transfer domain name in time, you should make a process at least 30 days before domain name expiration date.
The important things you have to check before transfer domain.
- Check your domain expiration date. It should not less than 15-30 days before starting transfer process in the reason of the transfer procedure.
- The status of domain name has been to "unlocked" or "active". You can make a request to your provider to unlock it.
- Email address of Administrative Contact and Registrant Contact should be email you can check because the Transfer Confirmation Email will be sent automatically to those emails.
- Authentication Code (some call "Domain Secret" or "Transfer Secret" or "EPP Code") must be used for domain transfer. If you don't know, you can ask for it from your provider.
Steps of Domain Transfer process
- After domain transfer process starting, you will receive Transfer Confirmation email from Registrar system, click at approval link and then put domain name's Authentication Code in the blank to confirm domain transfer.
- About 3-5 days after domain transfer confirmation, you will receive Transfer-out Approval Email from your old registrar, inform you that you want to Approve or Deny this transfer process. If you don't respond anything within specified date, that means you accept this transfer and your domai name will be automatically moved out to the new registrar.
** You should approve domain name transfer process as soon as you get Confirmation Email, because if there is no responding from you about 3 days, the process wiil be time out. If your domain name nearly expire, the transfer process will not be in time.
- After the transfer process is complete, you will receive Domain Management login detail and then you can change WHOIS Information of domain by yourself.